DAF Trucks ‘puts the kettle on' for drivers...
…sometimes, it’s the little gestures that can mean a great deal,” says DAF Trucks Marketing Manager, Phil Moon as DAF Trucks provides free cuppas for drivers.
In a show of support for truck drivers, DAF Trucks is stumping up the cost of a cuppa for truck drivers, regardless of vehicle type, at selected Truckstops across the UK.
- DAF Trucks to provide a free cuppa for drivers
- Courtesy beverages for drivers at selected Truckstops around the UK
- Offer includes drivers of any vehicle type
DAF Trucks, like the rest of society, owes a debt of gratitude to drivers during the coronavirus outbreak and is keen to acknowledge their efforts.
Drivers visiting the following Truckstops from Thursday 9 April can simply ask for a free cuppa courtesy of DAF Trucks:
- New Hollies in Cannock and Holyhead,
- Chippenham Pitstop,
- Route 74 Truckstop in Lesmahagow
- Ashford Truckstop
The offer is being promoted through DAF Trucks’ Social Media channels, flyers and digital advertising at the above-mentioned locations.
It is hoped the modest gesture, while small in intrinsic value, goes some of the way to show the enormous appreciation for the outstanding contribution from drivers during the current difficulties faced by society.
“Sure, a free cup of coffee is a small thank-you for a massive effort from drivers,” said DAF Trucks Marketing Manager, Phil Moon, “But, sometimes, it’s the little gestures that can mean a great deal to an individual; even simply putting the kettle on.
"DAF Trucks is enormously grateful to the truck driving community for its contribution – we always have been – but in the face of an incredible challenge that presents itself today, their work is brought into even sharper focus and is absolutely fundamental to the national effort to stem, and beat, the coronavirus outbreak.”
About DAF Trucks
- DAF Trucks is a subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, one of the world’s largest truck manufacturers
- DAF Trucks is UK market leader for trucks above 6.0-tonnes GVW
- 30.5% market share in 2019
- Head-quartered in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire
- DAF Dealer network comprises 134 locations, including 57 ATF points and 13 sites offering Pet. Reg. / ADR service and maintenance
- LF, CF and XF models ‘built in Britain’ at Leyland Trucks in Lancashire, producing over 19,500 vehicles in 2019
- PACCAR Financial, DAF Trucks’ in-house financial services division, offers a full range of funding for operators
- First Choice is DAF Trucks’ quality-approved used truck programme
- A full range of aftersales services include DAF MultiSupport R&M contracts
- Parts are supplied through PACCAR Parts, DAF genuine parts and TRP all-makes