Daimler's truck and bus subsidiaries spin-off completed
The Daimler Group launched a new corporate structure on 1 November, with one new global division for its truck and bus businesses
The spin-off of the Stuttgart-headquartered business see them concentrated in divisions in separate subsidiaries: passenger cars, vans and trucks/buses. The new companies started business on 1 November.
All Daimler Trucks & Buses activities are now bundled together in Daimler Truck AG head by CEO Martin Daum.
Along with its new structure also comes its own website.
The Daimler Trucks family encompasses six brands:
- Mercedes-Benz Trucks (European market)
- Freightliner Trucks (North American market)
- Western Star (North American market)
- FUSO Trucks (Asian market)
- BharatBenz Trucks (Indian market)
- Thomas Built Buses (North American school buses)
The Daimler Buses family encompasses six brands:
- Mercedes-Benz (coaches and buses - global)
- Setra (premium coach brand - global)
- BharatBenz (Indian market)
- Fuso Buses (Asian market)
- OMNIplus (Service network - global)
- BusStore (Used vehicle sales - Europe)
With more than 35 primary locations around the globe, around 100,000 employees and seven vehicle brands, Daimler Trucks & Buses is one of the largest commercial vehicle manufacturers in the world.
Find out more: www.daimler-truck.com