Zeelo uses smart tech to set up critical workers' commuter service
An innovative transport firm which provides personalised bus services for commuters at companies such as Jaguar Land Rover and Ocado has today launched a critical-worker service to help NHS staff and key workers beat the Coronavirus pandemic.
As the global effects of the virus shut schools and force millions to work from home, Zeelo, founded by two university friends and now running across the UK and South Africa, has offered to use its fleet to help - complete with drivers in protective suits.
CEO Sam Ryan said the safe movement of critical staff had never been so important and it was vital Zeelo stepped in to help.
“With public transport services closing down and causing a risk to employees well-being we have decided to dramatically improve our service standards to be able to support the healthcare, food, utility and critical logistics workers industries,” he said.
“Zeelo has developed a pool of high-quality operators from our network to deliver a service that enables Britain’s key industries to keep staff travelling to and from work safely during this turbulent time.”
Sam said they had already approached delivery and logistics firms, including Amazon, to offer assistance for workers.
“Healthcare, food, utility and critical logistics staff, now more than ever need a safe, stress and risk-free way to get to and from work to ensure they can relax and overcome fatigue before heading back to the front line.
“We are here to help where we can and support to oversee the operations of the services to these key industries so their professionals can focus on the most important job at hand during this challenging time.”
To date, Zeelo has transported over 500,000 travellers achieving a Trustpilot rating of 9/10. Zeelo’s mission is to make the world a better place to work and live by eliminating unnecessary car journeys.
Among the measures taken include:
- All services will be fully sanitised before and after each journey by trained drivers;
- Drivers will be suited in protective uniforms to reduce the risk of infection spreading;
- There will be a no-contact policy onboard – drivers will check riders passes without contact to riders or their phones;
- The number of people on vehicles will be capped so that every member of staff has a spare seat next to them to reduce social interaction;
- Hand sanitiser will be offered on all services for riders;
- Various service options are available – including taking people from temporary accommodation such as hotels as well as residential locations.
Zeelo currently drives more than 5000 people to work each day across the UK, with key hubs in the Midlands, South West, North West and Home Counties.
It has also unveiled ambitious plans to expand its offering in Ireland and core territories across Europe, in addition to growing its customer base in South Africa.
Zeelo is a bus sharing company, providing transportation services for commuting, school runs and events; bookable via a mobile app. Its platform integrates with an executive partner fleet of over 20,000 high quality coaches
Zeelo builds routes using a unique AI-powered algorithm, RINA (Route Integration Navigation Algorithm) and a customer-centric approach to deliver a service that beats the convenience of driving a car. Over 70% of Zeelo users normally drove the route.
The Zeelo service is operational in the UK and South Africa.
Zeelo was founded in 2017 by Barney Williams, Sam Ryan and Dani Ruiz after selling their first business JumpIn – a taxi booking and sharing app – to Addison Lee in 2014. The company is backed by ETF Partners, InMotion Ventures and Dynamo.
Zeelo’s services include:
● ZeeloCOMMUTE – transport solutions for employees to and from work
● ZeeloSCHOOLS – transport solutions for schools
● ZeeloEVENTS – transport solutions to and from major events
● ZeeloPRIVATE – transport solutions for private groups
To date, Zeelo has transported over 500,000 commuters achieving a Trustpilot rating of 9/10. Zeelo’s mission is to make the world a better place to work and live by eliminating unnecessary car journeys.
Find out more: www.zeelo.co