Latest News

 

09. 12. 2019 11:12

Category:

Frankfurt debut for LEVC’s zero-emission van

The London EV Company (LEVC) used the Frankfurt motor show to showcase its new zero-emission van.

Based on the firm’s new TX Taxi, the van uses the same electric drivetrain with a petrol range-extender.

Targeting those who travel around 100 miles a day, LEVC’s LCV will offer “distribution to door - not just last mile.”

It has a zero-emission range of 80 miles and a total range of 380 miles when the range extender is used.

LVEC van makes debut at Frankfurt

LEVC says it provides the link between out of town depots and city centres, capable of collecting goods outside of a major city in range extender mode, before switching to EV mode in an urban ultra-low emissions zone - a sector of the market dominated by one-tonne medium-sized diesel vans.

By 2022, LEVC expects that 70% of the vehicles built at its new Ansty, Warwickshire, plant will be for the export market while the remaining 30% percent will service the UK.

A vital element of this export strategy is creating a central European sales office, based in Frankfurt and, with the strong support of Volvo Germany’s dealer network and finance and insurance infrastructure.

LVEC has already set out its goal to be the "leading European electric commercial vehicle provider."

LEVC CEO Joerg Hofmann says: “Future urban transport is already changing rapidly and we have a golden opportunity to bring something new and disruptive to this market. 

“There is huge demand for a medium-sized zero emissions capable light van and our LCV is the perfect solution to the green logistics trend. 

“This new van is durable, reliable, efficient, cost effective and high quality. Our goal is to be the European leader in green commercial mobility solutions.”

Full details of the LCV will be revealed closer to its official launch in 2020, but LEVC claims that it will target best-in-class total cost of ownership, thanks to savings in fuel and servicing over conventional petrol and diesel vans.

As standard, that van will feature the latest active safety systems and is expected to provide the “world’s highest crash safety standards”.

LEVC has benchmarked the new van against premium MPVs on comfort and ergonomics, with a cabin designed around the needs of the van driver (and passenger).

In addition to this, the LCV will feature the tightest turning circle of any production 4-wheel vehicle – even out-turning a Smart car - synonymous with the iconic black cab.

Find out more: www.levc.com

Loading

Most Read

View All

Loading

Other News

View All

Loading